The Commission is reviewing the qualifications of the following judges of the Superior Court of the District of Columbia:
- Judge Herbert B. Dixon, Jr. has requested a recommendation for reappointment to an additional term as a Senior Judge, upon the expiration of his current term on November 1, 2023.
- Judge John M. Campbell retired on May 19, 2023, and has requested a recommendation for an initial appointment as a Senior Judge.
- Judge Hiram Puig-Lugo retired on July 28, 2023, and has requested a recommendation for an initial appointment as a Senior Judge.
The Commission invites members of the Bar, litigants, former jurors, interested organizations, and members of the public to submit comments or any other information bearing on the performance and qualifications of Judge Campbell, Judge Puig-Lugo, and Judge Dixon to continue their respective judicial service.
Comments may be submitted to the Commission:
- In writing (a) by email to [email protected]; or (b) mailed to the Commission’s office at: District of Columbia Commission of Judicial Disabilities and Tenure, 515 Fifth Street, NW, Room 246, Washington, DC, 20001.
- By online survey through the following Evaluation Survey link
You also may submit information and confidential comments to the Commission’s Special Counsel Amy Conway-Hatcher, Esq., at [email protected] or to any individual member of the Commission either directly or through the Commission’s email.
The members of the Commission are:
Hon. Colleen Kollar-Kotelly, Chairperson
Hon. Diane M. Brenneman, Ret., Vice Chairperson
William P. Lightfoot, Esq.
David P. Milzman, M.D.
Amy L. Bess, Esq.
All comments concerning the performance and qualifications of Judges Dixon, Campbell, and Puig-Lugo are due no later than Thursday, August 31, 2023.